Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird

+4
Giobus
tony b
65birdman
DaveG
8 posters

Go down

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Empty September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird

Post  DaveG Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Welcome to James's absoloutley STUNNING !! 56,
Is this Australias best Baby Bird, If there is a better one I certainly haven't seen it yet. This car is truly beautifull.

Name: James Pantelis

Forum Name: JPTBird

State: Victoria.

Year of Manufacture: 1956

Hardtop or Convert: Convertible w/ Porthole Hardtop & Soft Top

Body Colour: Colonial White

Original Paint or Re-paint: Re-paint 2004

Interior Colour: Fiesta Red
Original or Re-trim: Re-trim

Engine Size: 312 Ci

Manual or Auto: Ford-o-matic Auto

Accessories Fitted: Factory P/Steering, P/Brakes, P/Windows, P/Seat

Purchased in Australia or Imported : Imported from Vancouver Canada July 2012

List any Mods: Thermatic Fan, F&R HD Sway Bars, Additional rear leaf spring (raised rear 30mm)

Wheels if non standard, What Make & Size. Thunderbird 15” Wire Wheels

Any work you’ve done or had done to the car:
Replaced shock absorbers all round. Re-set rear leaf springs and added one extra leaf to raise rear by 30mm in preparation for fitting Thunderbird Wire Wheels. Fitted Thunderbird Wire Wheels. Added new F&R Heavy Duty Sway Bars to minimise roll when cornering. Added ‘Parade’ (Thermatic) Fan to safeguard against over heating when stuck in traffic or when inching along trying to find a car park at the Mornington Show n Shine on the ‘Lets Go Cruising’ Nights.

Future Plans:
To maintain the car as is and pray for minimal ‘issues’ in the future.

What do you enjoy most about the car:
It’s cool to drive and cool to speak with strangers at the lights who want to know about the car – in 20 seconds or less. These older fifties classic's help you make friends wherever & whenever you are out and about. Have made a bunch of new friends & acquaintances by attending Club Meetings, Outings as well as other car shows.

If there is any story about the car , please tell us.
After months of searching online (Hemmings, EBay, Minter TBirds etc), I took the decision to travel to the U.S March/April 2012 to purchase a ’56. Had 3 in California and 1 in Vancouver to view after e-mails, photos and phone calls. The 3 Californian cars were each good enough to bring over to Oz but felt that the White One in Vancouver would probably be the more ‘sparkling’ one – judging by the photos and conversations with the restorer (who had recently sold it to the person selling it to me). This car had a complete ‘body on’ restoration in 2004. The restorer also gave me the ‘heads up’ that the guy selling the car was in trouble with his wife and desperate for a quick sale. He was caught having an affair and the marriage turned sour with all his toys having to go. So a price negotiation was a high probability given the economic climate in North America – especially if you are about to be kicked out of your own house.
I arrived in Vancouver around midday on a Thursday and by Friday noon I had completed the purchase. We drove the Tbird to the pre arranged shipping company’s container yard (see pic) and was dropped off at the airport for my flight back to L.A. The car arrived into Melbourne first week in July and by 15th July was road registered.

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_4110
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0310
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0410
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0510
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0411
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0511
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0512
September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Img_0513

Last edited by DaveG on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Empty Re: September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird

Post  65birdman Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm

beautiful my all time favorite car and color combination
65birdman
65birdman

Back to top Go down

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Empty Re: September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird

Post  tony b Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Nice James Nice, what else could I say she's a ripper.
Tony.

tony b

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 am

Hi James,

Like l have said before > What a beautiful Car !!!

You were very lucky or more likely you did a lot of research and traveling to get yourself a beautiful car.

The white with black ascents and red interior is just right.

Enjoy!

Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  spits 65 bird Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 pm

hello james
it was love at first sight at phillip island what a beautiful example of a baby bird congratulations on a terrific find happy cruising
spits 65 bird
spits 65 bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Lovely.

Bloody lovely.

I'm jealous! Shocked
Kiwibird
Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Empty James Baby Bird

Post  usa6t4 Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Hey James, that's a damn fine T'Bird. Beautiful example, mate. Chris USA6T4
usa6t4
usa6t4

Back to top Go down

September Car of the Month....James's Stunning 56 Babybird Empty JP Tbird

Post  jptbird Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks Chris.
Having a lot of fun with it. Very Happy
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down