Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing"

+4
tony b
65bird
Oceanside TB
DaveG
8 posters

Go down

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" Empty Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing"

Post  DaveG Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm

This Month brings up a car we all know so well, "Bing"

Giovanni & Melissa apart from being fantastic people really know what it means to restore a CLASSIC, well done to both of you, Before you know it Anastasia will be cruising down the peninsula with her girlfriends in Bing showing the boys how to cruise in style.

Check out the (You Tube) Video Link once you've read the text and viewed the pics.

Name: Giovanni Lizza

Forum Name: Giobus

Country / State: Melbourne, Australia

TBird Year: 1964,

Body Type: Hardtop

Body Colour: Wimbilton White

Interior Colour: Metallic Turquoise

Engine:
Ford 390 FE ~ Holley Street Avenger 570 cfm Carburettor, Pertronix Ignition System, New 2” Exhaust System

Transmission: Cruise- O- Matic

Differential: Standard 9” Drum rear end

Standard Equip:
Power Steering, Electric Windows, Air Conditioning, Wire Wheels, Stainless Body Mouldings

Added Extras:
Central Locking, Grants Wooden Steering Wheel, Alarm System, 4 Channel Power Amp Audio with USB, SD & Ipod interface, Headlight ON Reminder, Remote Boot Release

Purchased From:
I purchased her from a guy in Kilmore Victoria, who at the time had imported 4 cars ~ 3 to sponsor the purchase of his car. It was a trying time as l nearly didn’t get her. The car was on Ebay for a good period of time and l wouldn’t go and have a look. Melissa kept telling me go and have a look but l felt that it would be too much. So one day, l went up, he gave me a price “l shouldn’t of questioned” but l did & said l would get back to him that night after talking to Melissa. >> Melissa said ‘What are you talking to me!!!” buy it, when l rang back, he promised the car to another bloke who was coming down from NSW to have a look. So it was a nervous 2 day wait until he called back saying it was yours if you want it. So late Saturday, there was a ‘flat bed’ picking the car up.

Modifications:
If you’re a purist, the added extras are the modifications to the vehicle 

Wheels Type & Size:
225/ 70 R15, 1” White Wall tyres on 15 X 6” Wire Wheels

Work you’ve done or had done:
Well it was supposed to be a quick freshen up that turned out to be a “Bare Metal” Restoration. The video below has the full history of the car from her time the California, USA to where she is now.

Future Plans:
Enjoy the Car, maybe a Rear Venetian or Pin stripping??

What do you enjoy most about your TBird.
Well NOW, driving the car or ‘Bing” as named by my granddaughter. But during the restoration was rebuilding her, I now know her from her bare bones to the new Chrome, trims, fittings, nuts & bolts. There were some testing times, late nights, many visits to the auto shops & Emails to the States for extra parts.

Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1W-HMZwzGI

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020910
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020911
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020810
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020912
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020913
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020914
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020915
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020811

The Man himself......That smile says it all.
Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020916

Our granddaughter, Anastasia who has taken ownership of the car and named her “Bing”Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" P1020827

Thank you all for all your support on the Forum throughout the build of “Bing”, so for now see you all on the road on the next Cruise.

Catch you all

Last edited by DaveG on Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" Empty Jan 2013 Car of the Month

Post  Oceanside TB Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Well done, fantastic achievement.
Oceanside TB
Oceanside TB

http://tbirds.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" Empty Jan 2013 Car of the Month

Post  65bird Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Beautiful car Gio well done, worth the effort. cheers cheers
BTW you mentioned remote boot (trunk) release is it a vacuum or electric?
65bird
65bird

Back to top Go down

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" Empty Re: Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing"

Post  tony b Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:32 pm

What can I say that hasn't already been said.
It was an entertaining build thanks to not only you putting in the time to do the resto you also shared every step of the build with us by updating the forum and for that I am thankful. Gio may you and the family enjoy many trouble free years cruisin in Bing, you deserve it.
Tony.

tony b

Back to top Go down

Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing" Empty Re: Jan 2013 Car of the Month Giovanni's Amazing "Bing"

Post  spits 65 bird Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:41 pm

well done gio well worth all the cursing and hard work looking forward to catching up with you and melissa for a cruise
spits 65 bird
spits 65 bird

Back to top Go down

Post  BulletBird1962 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Nice job Giovanni , tried to whatch the video but not working, third party content. Dam you tube. Twisted Evil

Last edited by 62fatbird on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : #/+)
BulletBird1962
BulletBird1962

Back to top Go down

Post  65birdman Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 pm

it was great to watch this car come to life it feels like i was part of this build thank you for documenting it in the way you have you should be very proud of your achievement
65birdman
65birdman

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm

65bird wrote:Beautiful car Gio well done, worth the effort. cheers cheers
BTW you mentioned remote boot (trunk) release is it a vacuum or electric?

Sorry for the SLOW reply,

But Thanks for the kind words, the BOOT release is 'Electric' which is controlled from the 'Remote Locking' system.

I'm used to a modern car - so BING had to have one also.
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 pm

62fatbird wrote: Nice job Giovanni , tried to whatch the video but not working, third party content. Dam you tube. Twisted Evil

Hi,

I think l didn't tick enough boxes when 'YouTube' hosted the video - so you can't play it on portable devices like iPads & Android tablets.

Sorry, but its on the Facebook Page ~ "Thunderbirds Downunder"
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BulletBird1962 Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:05 pm

Hey Gio , I nomally use a tablet on the forum its easyer . I just switch the computer on and was able to see your slide show , its great see the build this way , It brings it to life . I like the captions that you inserted into the video that describes what you have done. You have inspired me spend more time with ( movie maker ) to get my photos and vidoes up to scratch.
Cheers Arthur.
BulletBird1962
BulletBird1962

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down