Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your Cars Name and Why??????

4 posters

Go down

What is your Cars Name and Why?????? Empty What is your Cars Name and Why??????

Post  1963-FTB Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey guys, i got thinking and whilst reading some of the interesting story's I thought of what you would call you car, what name would you give him or her and why, so I thought I would start with mine.
My 1963 T-Bird HT was scheduled for release on the 22/11/1963 ironically the same day as the then President Johnson commissioned Earl Warren for the investigation of JFK Assassination, so I thought that the name Warren would be very fitting to my T-Bird, it might sound funny the a guy gives his car a male name, but all evidence points to the name.

what you story.

cheers
1963FTB
1963-FTB
1963-FTB

Back to top Go down

What is your Cars Name and Why?????? Empty Re: What is your Cars Name and Why??????

Post  DaveG Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:18 am

Most of the time it's Pain in the arse, but that's another story.

Oh i wish you hadn't asked this lol!

Ok here goes, in 1964 I was 10 years old a new family moved in next door to us, they had a 10 year old daughter and she was amazing it was love at first sight, For Me anyway..... I remember her first words to me.......What are you lookin at.

Anyway we ended up in the the same class at school and went thru Primary & High School together as friends.....her name was Rosemary, so i now own a 64 Thunderbird called Rosemary. Please dont tell anyone. Oh by the way she turned into a Pain in the arse i believe so that's another reason. for the name Very Happy
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is your Cars Name and Why?????? Empty Re: What is your Cars Name and Why??????

Post  tony b Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:54 pm

You're braver than I Dave, I don't think I could tell Michele I named the car after my first love, even if I was 10.

Any way what have I named my car and why? Why indeed, seemed like a good idea at the time.
My Tbird is called Candy after Candy Apple Red her colour. I usually refer to her as The Bird most of the time though. Like the Mustang is called The Stang, although Michele has named her Amber, the SS is The General and my trusty work truck, ute, is called Tonka.

I don't as a rule name my vehicles buy I seem to have lost the plot a little as I've aged.

Tony.

tony b

Back to top Go down

Post  tbirdjerry Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm

hi guys
when i brought my tbird i spent so much time in the garage
my lovely wife started to say are going in the garage with the mistress
so i call her my mistress
tbirdjerry
tbirdjerry

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:28 pm

tbirdjerry wrote:hi guys
when i brought my tbird i spent so much time in the garage
my lovely wife started to say are going in the garage with the mistress
so i call her my mistress

I like that name jerry, Cause lets face it when you've got a Classic Car you just dont have the time for more than one woman. Dave
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down