Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wedding Cars

+2
Damo64
JulesnRick
6 posters

Go down

Wedding Cars Empty Wedding Cars

Post  JulesnRick Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi All
I hope you dont mind us registering here, we dont have a Thunderbird but we do love them, That's why we are here. My Name is Julie I'm 19 years old and engaged to Rick, he's 20. Rick loves mid 60's Thunderbirds and there is no doubt once we get our House the next thing will be a Thunderbird, we just love them.

We are getting married in October in Vaucluse a suburb of Sydney and would love to have Thunderbirds as our Wedding cars. We went to a Car Show and spoke to a guy who put us onto the NSW Thunderbird Owners Club so I contacted them but the old grump didn't seem interested. So we are wondering do you have NSW members who own Thunderbirds and could help us out, obviously we are willing to pay, My dad wants Rolls Royse cars but that's not happening.
If anyone can help please let me know. 2 x White ones would be perfect but colour is not critical. Thanks for your help Julie & Rick, P.S we love your cars.

JulesnRick

Back to top Go down

Wedding Cars Empty Re: Wedding Cars

Post  Damo64 Sat May 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Julie & Rick
I came on a little earlier and saw your post, so i went away and had a think made a couple of calls, see I work for a very wealthy Sydney businessman who has a fairly impressive Classic Car collection, during the week i run one of his companies and on Saturdays I look after his collection for him just basic servicing and driving them every so often to keep them running right.
He's 87 years old and doesn't drive any more so he's slowly selling off his collection. i was pretty sure he still had the 2 x Thunderbirds but I wanted to be sure before saying anything I told him your story and You've now got 2 x absolloutley gorgeous White 65 Convertibles, these two cars are identical and both were in a Museum Collection in the States before my boss bought them. They are truly faultless, 100 point concourse cars.

He wants you to have them for the entire day free of charge, He's a real old romantic and just wants to see a young couple getting a good start. Although I did hear his wife in the background telling him dont you charge those kids a cent Very Happy .

Anyway so then I rang one of the other guys in my group and He and I will drive them on the day for you, free of charge of course, it will be our pleasure So PM me your phone number and we can tee up all the details. Cheers Damo

Damo64

Back to top Go down

Post  spits 65 bird Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm

hi damo64
you are a real gentleman doing that for complete strangers.....julie and rick are very lucky to come across someone like you nice to have you nsw boys involved in the forum
spits 65 bird
spits 65 bird

Back to top Go down

Wedding Cars Empty Now this is what owning a Classic Car is all about !!

Post  Giobus Sat May 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Evening Damo64,

Wow ~ this is what owning a Classic Car is all about !!!!

Its even better when the younger generation appreciate the classics.

The photo's of 65birdman's car used at the wedding really looked Elegant

These kids are so lucky.

Now l'm showing my age ~ Giovanni Very Happy

Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulesnRick Sat May 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Damo
It's Rick here, i really dont know what to say, Jules read your post and she's sitting on the couch crying, to think that a complete stranger would do this for us, i really cant thank you and the Gentleman who owns the cars enough, I'm really lost for words. I'll PM you our contact details, you,ve made our dream come true. Thank you so much. Rick and Julie.

JulesnRick

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Sat May 19, 2012 10:45 pm

What a great outcome, well done Damo it restores your faith in human nature when you read stories like these. makes me feel proud to be part of a group that can produce a result like this.

Jules & Rick you guys are our honorary members now so we expect to see wedding photos. when the big day comes around. Dont be strangers drop in and let us know how it's all going.You've got a whole new group of friends now, from Aus, NZ & the States, and although still unconfirmed I believe we have a Member in China. so your wedding has made world news

Good Luck Guys I hope you have a great future together, Who knows hidden in these pages somewhere could be your future TBird. Well done to all in the NSW group especially Damo for stepping up and making it happen, again what a great result.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JulesnRick Sun May 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi Guys
I know Rick has already said thank you but I wanted to let you all know just how much we appreciate all the help, I spoke to Damien Damo64 this afternoon and he is just an amazing man, He is commiting his entire day with the TBird to my Bridesmaids and I. He's picking up my bridesmaids in the morning. bringing them to my place to get me then he's taking us all to the Hairdresser, then coming back later to bring us home and then waiting until we are ready to head for the Wedding. i want to thank this Forum for just being here so this could happen.
When Damien made his offer on here Yesterday I was just so emotional I couldn't respond so thank you all so much, what a wonderfull group of people. I will send some Photos. Julie

JulesnRick

Back to top Go down

Wedding Cars Empty what a wonderful result

Post  1963-FTB Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 am

Hey guys just read all the posts, I was moved by the kind generosity from not only members but also strangers who are willing to share their cars at no cost, what wonderful people we have in the world, I only wish that Julie and Rick were in Melbourne so I could join in, if feel somewhat proud that I have associated myself with this forum and club, although the weeding is a long way away it would be good to share some photos of the happy couple and the cars together.

Well done to Damo for being such a brilliant person.
1963-FTB
1963-FTB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 am

1963-FTB wrote:Hey guys just read all the posts, I was moved by the kind generosity from not only members but also strangers who are willing to share their cars at no cost, what wonderful people we have in the world, I only wish that Julie and Rick were in Melbourne so I could join in, if feel somewhat proud that I have associated myself with this forum and club, although the weeding is a long way away it would be good to share some photos of the happy couple and the cars together.

Well done to Damo for being such a brilliant person.

Yeah pretty amazing hey, When you lose faith in society just come in and read this story.
I think your words have summed up exactly how we all feel. Unfortunately since all this happened one of the NSW Guys was killed in a car accident but Damo has assured the young couple that thier big day will be no problem. Truly mazing stuff. restores your faith in Human Nature.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo64 Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi All
i thought i might just update you all on this one, Jules rang me last week to say they'd decided on a wedding venue and they were going up to the venue to make final arrangements on Saturday. I think she was concerned that it was too far, and wanted to prepare me.

So without Jules knowing I rang Rick and arranged to pick them both up in the my bosses TBird the car we'll be using for thier wedding and take them to the venue. You should have seen the look on her face when I pulled into the street in the Thunderbird, It was priceless, they are really just such a great couple of kids and it's such a pleasure to do this for them, We even managed to have the roof down jules was just glowing. Great feeling to be part of thier lives.
Damo

Damo64

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down