Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Plates

+4
Kiwibird
1965tbird
DaveG
Giobus
8 posters

Go down

Custom Plates Empty Custom Plates

Post  Giobus Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi All,

Got me thinking the other day????

I wonder if the number plate "BING" is available from Vic Roads??

Well, 'BING' isn't but "BING -64" is cheers
Custom Plates Bing6410
All l need now is $495 for the number plate, $678 for full rego, and possibly another $400-500 for additional insurance premium Crying or Very sad

Anyway what number plate do YOU have???
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Custom Plates Empty Re: Custom Plates

Post  DaveG Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Not sure how true this is but i did hear from Di's cousin that the RTA are thinking as a Revenue Raiser to have Personalised Club Plates, Because there is Money in it I wouldn't doubt it. Apparently colour would remain Red only tho. Who knows Gio maybe you can still have BING 64 after all.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Ive got IRA070 on my mini
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Giobus wrote:Hi All,

Got me thinking the other day????
I wonder if the number plate "BING" is available from Vic Roads??

Well, 'BING' isn't but "BING -64" is cheers
All l need now is $495 for the number plate, $678 for full rego, and possibly another $400-500 for additional insurance premium Crying or Very sad

Anyway what number plate do YOU have???

Still using the original '66 Oregon ones the car came with - but that's another story...

And personalised plates are around $600 here, a years full rego is $111:59c and insurance about the same as yours - or a little cheaper.
Kiwibird
Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

Post  1963-FTB Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:59 pm

mines simple 63-FTB
but i did buy 2 sets for the wife written in Greek style, 1 is NASUPO (let me tell you) the other is POULIM (my loved one) or so to speak.

1963-FTB
1963-FTB

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiebird Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Ordered my plates last week for that day when she is finally on the road again - 62TBRD because some bugger had already taken 62BIRD
There are a new style introduced so its 275 to order them and 99 additional a year which is better than the 440 it would have cost previously before they introduced the new format
Aussiebird
Aussiebird

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:39 pm

Aussiebird wrote:Ordered my plates last week for that day when she is finally on the road again - 62TBRD because some bugger had already taken 62BIRD
There are a new style introduced so its 275 to order them and 99 additional a year which is better than the 440 it would have cost previously before they introduced the new format

SO you guys have to buy the plates - then pay $99 each year ever after that?

Here you buy the plates, one cost and they're yours for life.

Unless you want to sell them - then you ask what the market will stand, in some cases for thousands of dollars. Shocked
Kiwibird
Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiebird Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

In nsw there is an order fee depending on the style and then basically a rental fee . We are ripped off big time in NSW - I believe in QLD they are like you guys where you buy it and you own it. With these new style of plates they cannot be sold to transferred to anyone else as an actual number plate besides family members so it seems they are cracking down on people making money on plates. In saying that though I didn't see anywhere about me attaching the plates to a $500 Datsun and selling the car and the plates for say $10000 - have to love the govt !
Aussiebird
Aussiebird

Back to top Go down

Custom Plates Empty Re : Custom Plates

Post  Oceanside TB Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 pm

The Dusk Rose '57 wears ' VEGAS ' black letters on white background. A one up cost of about $400, but the plates always belong to the Transport Dept, you're paying for the right to display them.
Oceanside TB
Oceanside TB

http://tbirds.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi Matt
I love it when someone beats the system,
That would have the boffins at the rego dept scratching thier heads $10k for a Datsun 120Y

Paul
"VEGAS" I reckon that's a great Plate for an American Icon like a Baby Bird
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  65bird Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm

DaveG wrote:Not sure how true this is but i did hear from Di's cousin that the RTA are thinking as a Revenue Raiser to have Personalised Club Plates, Because there is Money in it I wouldn't doubt it. Apparently colour would remain Red only tho. Who knows Gio maybe you can still have BING 64 after all.

I also heard of that but the Department Of Justice say it will cause confusion with the current number plate selection for infringements. You can get red personalised plates at the moment. The number 1 as an I is a killer to decipher on plates.
65bird
65bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down