Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australias Newest Car Club is Born

+3
1965tbird
1963-FTB
DaveG
7 posters

Go down

Australias Newest Car Club is Born Empty Australias Newest Car Club is Born

Post  DaveG Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Today a new Car Club Jets Classic & Custom Car Club Incorporated was born.

The club will be refered to and promoted as the Jets. our merchandise will reflect this very simple one name approach. The idea has been brewing for some time and thanks to the Commitees of Classic & Rod Club, Garage Inc, and 7 Pistons car Club for all the help and advice, Today was the day when everything was ratified to put what i believe will be a very strong & united Boutique car club together. the people who were elected to the committee Today are I believe the best we could have, each and everyone has a proven history in the position they have undertaken thank you all for your efforts so far and lets not kid ourselves from Today the work begins. Our aim is to be the best possible car club offering the best possible value to our members.

We are based in the S.E of Melbourne but are commited to have an even spread of events accross the whole of Victoria

Our membership numbers will be limited, and the Club will cater to U.S. Chrome Bumper Cars up to 1975 although Special Interset vehicles will be accepted subject to Committee approval.

We will have the Victorian Club Permit Scheme available to members and access to the scheme will be via RWC & or Club Safety Inspection.

As I mentioned this will be a Club with limited Membership numbers, the reason for this is that our Events planning committee want to ensure the events we do are all about giving each member the best possible experience.

Sponsorship of the Club is also being put in place as we confirmed our first sponsor earlier this evening. Not bad for a Club that had been running for a total of 3 hours. This sponsorship will assist in keeping club fees at a level comparative with the big clubs and also assist in subsidizing the New Members pack. Our Merchandise Officer is having our new logo proffesionally finished this week. ready for embroidery on the Club Shirts which will be part of a new members pack, Jackets and several other items bearing the Jets logo will also be available.

As mentioned earlier we have a good association with the other clubs listed above and talks with them have encouraged us to buid on this relationship and join these clubs in establishing some major car events.

We also have a communications officer and this will bring a new dimension to the way Car Clubs have operated in the past.

Once again thanks to all those who attended Today and the Minutes of Todays Meeting will be emailed by mid week.

Any members of this forum interested in joining The Jets fire me a PM.

Last edited by DaveG on Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Australias Newest Car Club is Born Empty Re: Australias Newest Car Club is Born

Post  DaveG Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:27 am

I've had a couple of PM's asking why call the club the Jets,

The jets name was adopted because of it's relevance to the 50's & 60's, for those who remember there was a Movie / Musical called Westside Story which revolved around 2 gangs the Jets and the Sharks. We felt the connection to that era was good enough reason to use the name, and as a bonus we even have our own song,
Jets Song
This will be performed by all commitee Members at the conclusion of each General Meeting. cheers cheers affraid

Something i forgot to mention above, in the early days Club Meetings will be Committee only so Members are not forced to attend, Some clubs demand that all members attend meetings, If a member has a matter He or She wants raised at a meeting The member can attend or refer the issue to a Committee member to have it addressed.

Something else I forgot to mention is that The Jets unlike lots of car clubs where the emphasis is on the Car & Driver (Usually Male) we will also be very focused on the Partner, we have an evenly balanced Committee, with an even split of Males & Females, so that the female perspective is taken into account when planning the Cruises , Shows & Events that we attend, lots of our events will be tailored to suit both the Male & Female requirements.

i think that's it for now, although new things are happening everyday so stay tuned.

Last edited by DaveG on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1963-FTB Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Congratulation Guys, love the concept and what your plans are, Dave and Gio are probably the best 2 guys to have on anyone’s team, the passion and commitment they bring is unmeasurable, I also like the idea of a Joint Club event maybe you are onto something their Dave.

Imagine if a group of Car Clubs were grouped together to arrange a Show and Shine event, just think of the numbers that would come from all around Victoria, it could be as big as a weekend event. Dave I think we need to get together with some other car clubs to discuss such an event in its primate state; you have my tongue tingling at what could be created.

All I think can be said on this matter is WATCH THIS SPACE.
1963-FTB
1963-FTB

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Platon
I like you're thinking, Sam at Classic & Rod, I'm sure the Garage Inc guys would be involved also.
Calder Park would make a great venue, The only limitation is how far your imagination will let you go.

a 2 or 3 day event like Powertour NSW or Summernats without the burnouts and hooning,

Just wall to wall Classics, Customs and Muscle Cars, turn Calder Park into the biggest car show ever seen in this country. Once we are all sorted as a Club i'm keen to get together to nut out the details and whether it can be made to work.
Never let your imagination hold you back.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Calder doesnt have the facilities to cater for such an event
Sandown would be better
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  The65 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Good luck with the new club guys, Im sure you will make it succeed.
The65
The65

Back to top Go down

Australias Newest Car Club is Born Empty We have just started learning the words to "Jets"

Post  usa6t4 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

We have just started learning the words to "Jets"

DaveG wrote:I've had a couple of PM's asking why call the club the Jets,

The jets name was adopted because of it's relevance to the 50's & 60's, for those who remember there was a Movie / Musical called Westside Story which revolved around 2 gangs the Jets and the Sharks. We felt the connection to that era was good enough reason to use the name, and as a bonus we even have our own song,
Jets Song
This will be performed by all commitee Members at the conclusion of each General Meeting. cheers cheers affraid

Something i forgot to mention above, in the early days Club Meetings will be Committee only so Members are not forced to attend, Some clubs demand that all members attend meetings, If a member has a matter He or She wants raised at a meeting The member can attend or refer the issue to a Committee member to have it addressed.

Something else I forgot to mention is that The Jets unlike lots of car clubs where the emphasis is on the Car & Driver (Usually Male) we will also be very focused on the Partner, we have an evenly balanced Committee, with an even split of Males & Females, so that the female perspective is taken into account when planning the Cruises , Shows & Events that we attend, lots of our events will be tailored to suit both the Male & Female requirements.

i think that's it for now, although new things are happening everyday so stay tuned.
usa6t4
usa6t4

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 pm

That's good Chris because All members even the Committee will be required to sing the Jets song as a condition of entry Very Happy lol!

I remember when that Movie came out, i was just a kid but those guys were so cool, and they could sing....well i thought so back then

Boy times have changed, when you see that you've gotta say for the better
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jptbird Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:44 am

So what is the JETS' song?
....Are you going to be my girl????
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

jptbird wrote:So what is the JETS' song?
....Are you going to be my girl????

Hi JP
Check this out.
Jets Song
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jptbird Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Good luck trying to sing that in tune.
I'm pretty sure Natalie Wood was in this movie. One of my favorite onscreen women of all time.
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi JP
Yep Natalie Wood was in West Side Story.

She is in fact the only Wood that doesn't float. Very Happy
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jptbird Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:51 pm

Sad but try?
And Robert Wagner still has something to answer for...
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  BulletBird1962 Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Congratulations on your new club JETS . Im sure it will be a huge success , but Im not sure about you guys singing and dancing to musicals , that really worries me .I was just wonder will you be driving you Jetbird this weekend. Laughing
BulletBird1962
BulletBird1962

Back to top Go down

Post  jptbird Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Arthur,
If/when these guys start singing that song...we need you there to record it and post it.
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  1963-FTB Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 pm

What i want to know if i had to put names to the video, Who is Who, this will make for some interesting thoughts.
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
1963-FTB
1963-FTB

Back to top Go down

Post  BulletBird1962 Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:12 pm

jptbird wrote:Arthur,
If/when these guys start singing that song...we need you there to record it and post it.

Im sure every glass window and mirror in the place will break.
BulletBird1962
BulletBird1962

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Several Posts have been removed from this Topic,
The whole conversation had gone off Topic so It was deleted.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down