Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SuzieQ's Bird

2 posters

Go down

SuzieQ's Bird  Empty SuzieQ's Bird

Post  Runaroundsue Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Guys
Getting closer to owning a Baby Bird, i decided I wouldn't be able to afford one here, I've got $35K now that the Falcon has gone, I didn't realise how attached I was to my mock GT, I shed a few tears the night she went. Oh well onward and upward as they say.

A friend has a contact in the States and he's been searching for me, looks like he's got a couple in my price range so he's checking them over, then he'll send me some photos, I'll post them up for you guys to look at and hopefully tell me what you think. SuzieQ

Runaroundsue

Back to top Go down

SuzieQ's Bird  Empty Re: SuzieQ's Bird

Post  Runaroundsue Thu May 24, 2012 3:17 pm

UPDATE !!!!!
Here are 2, I'm looking at they are over a 1000miles apart, My friend of a friend who is in the states has arranged for his cousin to look at one and he'll look at the other one. Although he said he has found one in a Classic Car yard near his home and says it's beautiful. White, no rust etc. etc. He's driving it Tonight our time, fingers crossed. It may be too expensive they.ve got $33k on it, I can only pay $30k to allow for shipping GST etc. Anyway here are the other 2 let me know what you think.

Black
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Thunderbird-1955-Ford-Thunderbird-/110881086586?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19d1071c7a

Red
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Thunderbird-Both-Tops-Same-Owner-30-Years-Rust-Free-Calif-Car-EXTENSIVE-Docs-GREAT-Driver-100-/251067129545?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a74c45ec9

Runaroundsue

Back to top Go down

Post  rhinosoft Thu May 24, 2012 3:28 pm

HI Sue,

both look pretty nice don't they? Hopefully your contacts know a lot about these cars, if not I would recommend paying for a second appraiser to go over the one you want to purchase before final payment.

Yeah, you will probably do that anyway but does not hurt to mention it.

Graeme
rhinosoft
rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down