Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Bird

4 posters

Go down

My New Bird  Empty My New Bird

Post  MaxD Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi All
You might remember me from my story in the introduction area a few weeks back. well i bought the TBird and I love it best car I've ever owned. The photo makes it look a bit better than it really is but that doesn't bother me. I paid a little more than i wanted to the guy wouldn't budge from 20k anyway I flew up to Qld and drove her back, she didn't miss a beat, great trip, I loved every minute of it just gliding along with my Ipod playing (Original Radio in car ....Not Good) anyway got to just this side of Craigieburn on the Hume doing 110k's I see this thing laying on the road (4x4 steel tube) I swerved and caught it with the P/S front wheel I pulled over straight away Tyre & Rim were stuffed, put the spare on and could hardly steer the car all the way home, I went out and had a quick look this morning with the wheel off all the suspension looks ok, the spare tyre I'd put on looks ok too, It's pulling really badly to the right then on change of Camber it will dart to the left, Anyone got any ideas what It might be, even a good front end place would be helpfull.
I'm just really depressed by this it's put a damper on the whole experience. Anyway I'll look forward to when she's right again. Thanks Max.
P.S gotta get this fixed the wife and I are really keen to do some cruises with you guys.
We thought about joining the TOCA Club but we've decided to just stick with this group.

Here's a pic of the car that made me buy it.

My New Bird  1965_r10

MaxD

Back to top Go down

My New Bird  Empty MaxD

Post  mr64tbird Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by mr64tbird on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total

mr64tbird

Back to top Go down

My New Bird  Empty Re: My New Bird

Post  Runaroundsue Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Max
So sorry to hear about your mishap, hopefully it can be easily fixed and your back loving the drive again. Your car is a great colour scheme, love the red & white together. Suzie.

Runaroundsue

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:26 am

Bummer, what a thing to have happen - and on the 'maiden voyage' too!
Don't let it get you down -chalk it up to 'that's life' and move on! (Easier said than done...)

And get the whole P/S suspension thoroughly checked out and a wheel-alignment job too.
Kiwibird
Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxD Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Everyone
Car all fixed, big relief only cost me 2 slabs, friend of a friend owns a front end place in Frankston so he went over it fitted a new steering arm which he sourced for me cost was 1 slab then he fitted and did a wheel alignment cost was 1 slab. pretty good deal I reckon. now the car is driving even better than before doesn't wander at all.

Well better get back to packing, The wife and I are moving to Philip Island to look after my oldest son he had a motor bike accident 3 mths ago and now he's coming home, they've told him he'll never walk again, and he has slight brain damage, but he's getting better every day. His mates have all jumped in and fixed his house up to be wheelchair friendly so it makes sense for us to go there. to look after him as his wife works during the day. Anyway we're still looking forward to doing some cruises with you guys, I guess we'll just have to leave home a little earlier. Max & Deborah

MaxD

Back to top Go down

Post  Runaroundsue Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi Max
Great to hear you got your car sorted,

I hope all goes well with your son, what a tragedy my heart goes out to you and your wife. I've been involved in a few fundraisers so if i can help please PM me. Linda and i will be only too happy to get involved.

Runaroundsue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down