Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic car Imports

4 posters

Go down

Classic car Imports Empty Classic car Imports

Post  ReganD Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi everyone
Regan is my name, Dave has already mentioned that I'm helping out as sponsor of this Forum.

I've been in the car game for many years as a mechanic and lover of American Classic & Custom cars. I'm an Aussie but moved to the States almost 25 years ago which is where I met my wife, I had my own mechanical repair business for almost 20 years , recently we decided to move back to Australia and combine a mechanical repair business with my Hobby Classic Cars, we are about to move into premises in Moorabbin which will be a Classic car workshop with a large warehouse area attached which will serve as my car sales area.

I've got a guy starting as a mechanic next week, he's owned Mustangs, Camaros TBirds and currently owns a beautifull 55 Buick Special, he's also restoring a 55 Fairlane, so he's very familiar with 50's & 60's US Classic cars and how they work, for those times when we don't have the Classic cars to do we will also work on late model daily drivers, I'll double up as mechanic and car sales.
The importing cars side is the exciting aspect for me. Bad timing maybe with the Dollar dropping but I think there is still a good demand for the right cars. My wifes brother is a valuer for a large Classic Car Co in the States and he'll be doing our buying and shipping from that end. I have 15 cars either in transit or awaiting a ship at the moment, I'll post up some ad's soon. Dave is giving me a section here where I can put pics and info on the cars. If there is a particular car you are after let me know maybe we can track it down for you. I'll put up some ad's soon.  Regan

ReganD

Back to top Go down

Classic car Imports Empty Re: Classic car Imports

Post  Giobus Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi Regan,

Welcome aboard !!

I'm Dave's other half of the forum - Giovanni or Giobus, the forum slows down a bit over winter but ramps up as the weather improves.

It will be good to have your experience on the forum.
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ReganD Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi Giobus
Dave said you were re-doing the banner nice job thanks. maybe we can all catch up soon  Dave suggested opening up the Premises to Forum members once we are up and running  I might even put on the beer and Pizzas for those who want to come have a look

I'm hoping all the signage banners and memorabillia i collected during 20 years in the states arrives soon  It almost filled a 40' shipping container there was just enough room left for my Harley, I wasnt leaving her behind.

Another string we are planning on adding to the Bow is US Tours 2 or 3 week full on Car Guy tours visiting the big outdoor shows Good Guys etc' my brother in law in the States is doing some research to see if we can make it happen. 

Cheers for now

ReganD

Back to top Go down

Post  rhinosoft Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 am

G'Day Regan,

great to see you back in OZ and sending some cars over here and setting up business. It's going to be an enjoyable journey I reckon for you and the family and the forum members to be there from your initial start up.

I don't know your other plans but to help fill up containers could you offer to bring in parts and even engines etc? For example Rock Auto are cheap as chips but their shipping is criminal no matter how small the part. I guess baby steps at the moment and see how she flies! Laughing 

All the best,

Graeme
rhinosoft
rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Post  jptbird Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey Regan,
Welcome aboard the Forum.
I live around the corner in Highett and look forward to the opening of your premises.
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down