Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned Members

3 posters

Go down

Banned Members Empty Banned Members

Post  DaveG Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi
It seems that several members have been banned, It's got to be part of the hack although the message says inactive user, I've had 3 call me and i've been able to get 2 back online but the others IP has been banned. I'm checking to find out what can be done. Still working on the Thunderbird Forum i have some Gurus from Forumotion on there right now trying to get it going again
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Banned Members Empty Re: Banned Members

Post  jptbird Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Hey Dave,
Sorry to read about all this nonsense that is going on with the Forum 'hackers'.
I / we appreciate your efforts to keep this (and the other TBird Forum) ticking along.
We are just a car forum...right?
Not some clandestine ASIO group?
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi james
Yeah definately not ASIO mate, we know who it is the username is April Carter home base Pakistan. this is the dirtbag that hacked us 12mths ago luckily that time Gio was online at the time and we were able to get in early.

This time I've got usfairlane66 helping me he read what was happening and rang me and offered to help, He's been going at it since 6pm he works in IT for a multi national so he knows his stuff. He's been able to get the hacker out now I'm trying to fix the problems. he's over on the other Forum trying to get it going with Boof. I dont know what's wrong with these people we are just a bunch of car guys talking cars why do this.

I'd like to get my hands on this prick. I was ready to close it all down this afternoon so thanks to usfairlane for helping out, He's now an Admin and he's going to clean out the members who are not posting or have put up posts that mean nothing, that's how they stay active. Unfortunately a lot o members are about to be cut from here. but they will only be the inactive ones or ones with meaningless posts.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jptbird Tue May 21, 2013 11:47 pm

Mate...unnecessary waste of time. Wish I was useful in IT to help.
Very impressive having a few guys that know this sort of stuff (backing you up) and are on it.
Good luck with it.
jptbird
jptbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Wed May 22, 2013 7:32 am

So, what about us 'ex' members of the T-bird forum?

Do we have to rejoin the site or what ???

Very frustrating and thanks for your efforts (and usfairlane) in getting rid of that waste-of-space idiot hacker.

Last edited by Kiwibird on Wed May 22, 2013 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing letter)
Kiwibird
Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Wed May 22, 2013 8:40 am

Hi Kiwi
Not sure i understand your question, here's where things are at.
This Forum seems to be ok we may have got to it in time and we have FMC Security which i paid for when i set the forum up, It seems that has helped. We,ve had 12 members banned we believe via IP and we've lost a few posts, Last time we lost heaps of info but no members were banned, As for the Thunderbird Owners Forum it will take a little longer but it will definately be back online hopefully Today. Once it's back up it will have FMC Security installed, I've linked it to the the I use. I should have thought of it when the Forum was started.

Thanks to usfairlane66 again he stuck with it until 1:30 this morning trying to get it going, he's retrieved bits and pieces just lucky it only has limited content.

We are hoping that all memberships on that Forum will be automatically reinstated but we dont know, If it's banned members IP's as it has done here then that's gonna be a whole lot more difficult. the thing there is because it a new forum the members are all active, so if it bans someone it does matter whereas with this Forum the ones deleted are inactive anyway. meaning they haven't posted for a month.
we gotta wait and see. Jeff usfairlane is having a colleague at his work look at it this morning so fingers crossed, there are some arseholes in this world, I just dont see what they get out of doing this. I've never really worried about those with hidden identity they are on here and noone can see them, It's a trick hackers use, I've set the security now so thier IP addresses are now stored and backed up each week I'll get a list of IP's emailed to me of those who want to be hidden so if we get hacked again we can trace the IP right to thier door, The guys from FMC in France who developed it have had hackers prosecuted in court after tracking them with this IP tracer. apparently the penalties are quite harsh. so beware arseholes.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiwibird Wed May 22, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks Dave, you anwered all my questions 100% - even if I didn't ask them that clearly!

I'll just keep an eye on the Thunderbird site and se if it gets up and running OK.
Cheers,
Kiwibird
Kiwibird
Kiwibird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Wed May 22, 2013 9:53 am

I was just talking to USfairlane he says i5t looks like all the info cant be retrieved, he's got Tech info up and running the main thing is all member info is intact.

I'm waiting for him to call me back because i think i've just found all the code for another section, not sure what section it is yet. All the Text you read on a page is written in Computer Code HTML the hackers have jumbled all this code so it makes no sense there is about 30 pages on the Thunderbird Forum so imagine how many pages of code there would be on this forum, thank god they didn't get to it we'd be gone permanently. thank god for FMC Security, this has been a steep learning curve.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down