Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rego stickers

+4
1963-FTB
Giobus
DaveG
Aussiebird
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rego stickers Empty Rego stickers

Post  Aussiebird Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Found this link last week - I don't think it was on here but if it was I'm going to look really stupid. In NSW anyway rego labels are now a thing of the past and these guys make rego stickers from any state and add in your details - I'm sure it wouldn't be illegal to put them on and they would look very cool with the manufacture date as the rego label date. I know I will be getting one

http://grafixunlimited.com.au/ford/falcon/xr_xt_za_zb/xr

Scroll to the bottom and you will see the different states labels from different time periods

Matt
Aussiebird
Aussiebird

Back to top Go down

Rego stickers Empty Re: Rego stickers

Post  DaveG Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Oh yeah they are cool,
Not sure what's happening in Victoria, I did see a segment on a Current Afair last week saying that all State Gov are looking at doing away with Rego labels but I wasnt aware it had started. Apparently it will save Millions in label printing, I must of missed something tho how does anyone know if a vehicle is registered or not.

Those Old Skool labels look great.
My FJ and HD had those Vic style labels on them, WOW!! now i feel old. Thanks for the heads up Matt.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiebird Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 pm

I heard there is a smartphone app that lets you know but besides that I think it's up to you to remember - I can see a lot of unregistered cars on the road in the future.

It's always been illegal to have an old label on the car but apparently once they are all done away with ( I guess by the end of this 12 month period for us in NSW) then You can stick them on
Aussiebird
Aussiebird

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi Matt,

I am of the age when our cars had this type of label, they were the 'old moisture type' and you had to use a razor to get them off.

> I was ok with them l could put them on but other weren't.

Just like you l think l will get one, they are COOL and old school!!
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 pm

I wonder what they'll do with Club Permit Rego.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiebird Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:45 pm

They also sell the dealer stickers from back in the day - I think the Americans had number plate frames for there dealers which would be hard to come by but I nice dealer sticker from the area our cars were delivered to would look fantastic
Aussiebird
Aussiebird

Back to top Go down

Post  1963-FTB Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Just the other day at our Club meet we came up with an Idea of making current style Rego label as membership stickers for our cars, it was left to me to look into wether we could get them done legally or even what the cost would be, we could have them blank just like Vic Roads have and set up a print face for printing all info, we had come up with our Club Logo in 1 section, and the membership number in the other section and some writting in the bottom section for current member details, as you can see from the pic below it is in draft form at the moment.

Rego stickers Rego_l10
1963-FTB
1963-FTB

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm

1963-FTB wrote:Just the other day at our Club meet we came up with an Idea of making current style Rego label as membership stickers for our cars, it was left to me to look into wether we could get them done legally or even what the cost would be, we could have them blank just like Vic Roads have and set up a print face for printing all info, we had come up with our Club Logo in 1 section, and the membership number in the other section and some writting in the bottom section for current member details, as you can see from the pic below it is in draft form at the moment.

Rego stickers Rego_l10

Platon,

Are you going to get them through the same place the "Rego label" Matt's talking about ???
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 pm

They are just a repo of the year your car was fiirst registered
Ive had one on my pacer for 6 years now
You must still run the current label
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 pm

1963-FTB wrote:Just the other day at our Club meet we came up with an Idea of making current style Rego label as membership stickers for our cars, it was left to me to look into wether we could get them done legally or even what the cost would be, we could have them blank just like Vic Roads have and set up a print face for printing all info, we had come up with our Club Logo in 1 section, and the membership number in the other section and some writting in the bottom section for current member details, as you can see from the pic below it is in draft form at the moment.

Rego stickers Rego_l10

Now that's thinking outside the square, well done Platon and your committee for coming up with that one, Great Idea.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  65bird Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:13 am

I got my reproduced 1971 rego sticker from GT Perfomance for $40 6 years ago and I currently have 2 labels on the car. One with the old plates on and the current Vic one with my personal plates on. I have checked with the police and they will not fine you for having 2 labels on your windscreen. It becomes an issue if you have multiple lables across your windscreen.
65bird
65bird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 am

Hi Nick
You're in that Vic roads type area aren't you ??.
Have you heard any thing about aboloshing Rego Labels in Victoria.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  65bird Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi Dave as far as I know there is talk about it but but nothing conclusive yet. I know that the police and local laws departments still want them. There is talk from the cops also of more plate recognition systems on their cars but that's it. So to say that it will be phased out soon I don't see it happening for a while but I'll be the first to tell you guys.
65bird
65bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiebird Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:22 pm

NSW is official from 1st jan 2013 that a label doesn't have to be displayed on anything under 4.5gvm - the exception to this is conditional registration which must still display a sticker.
Apparently it will save the govt 575000 per year so I'm sure other states will follow - anything to save a buck but I can bet the roads don't see a cent of that saving for upgrades
Aussiebird
Aussiebird

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 pm

That creates a problem where if the car is not registered and you drive the vehicle expecting it is your liable
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm

1965tbird wrote:That creates a problem where if the car is not registered and you drive the vehicle expecting it is your liable

Michael,

There shouldn't be any change to that side of things. They don't look at labels anymore even NOW, with this "rego plate recognition cameras" they have.

The ownus is still on us now to pay the rego.

>>> Now it's a fine in the mail box or if you are really lucky,you get pulled over and the remove the plates on the spot.

What a cost saving for the government Sad
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:57 pm

I understand this but when i take a car for a road test how can i know if its registered?
Does that mean we can no longer road test a vehicle?
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm

As Matt Aussiebird pointed out earlier no doubt a reminder App will come out and I'd guess the Bill will still arrive approx 1 month before the Rego is due. i reckon Vic will just wait to see how it goes for NSW.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:01 pm

1965tbird wrote:I understand this but when i take a car for a road test how can i know if its registered?

Hi Michael,
I guess your in the same situation now tho, Even tho the car has a label and you think it's registered it may not have been paid , so it's unregistered.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Yep coped it on a porsche years ago never checked the sticker
Was 2 weeks out still got the ticket
Now i check every car without fail
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

It's funny that they are getting rid of the labels, I remember them on cars when I was a kid we've grown up with them, seems that when a $ can be saved or in the case 575000 of them nothing is sacred..
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:01 pm

They have to save some money from somewhere
They have raped us everywhere else
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Post  BulletBird1962 Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:45 pm

[quote="1965tbird"]I understand this but when i take a car for a road test how can i know if its registered?
[/quotae
These days, they dont stamp the rego lables like they use to. When they stamped the lable, it show that is had been paid. So now you wouldnt know when you drive someone else car that the reg has been paid or not. Sleep
BulletBird1962
BulletBird1962

Back to top Go down

Post  1965tbird Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:23 pm

The way i do it now with vic cars is by going onto the vicroads website and getting details of it
1965tbird
1965tbird

Back to top Go down

Rego stickers Empty Re : Rego Stickers

Post  Oceanside TB Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi all, no rego stickers over here in the West. Been this way for a couple of years now. And yes, people have been caught out forgetting payments. Oddly enough, not long after this came into practice, someone set a company selling reminder stickers for your windscreen ( clever bugger ).
Oceanside TB
Oceanside TB

http://tbirds.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum