Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R.I.P Jonesy

+2
DaveG
Phsyco Chicken
6 posters

Go down

R.I.P  Jonesy Empty R.I.P Jonesy

Post  Phsyco Chicken Mon May 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,
I have got some terrible news, Our mate and Desperado member Jonesy known as BadBird on this forum had a really bad car accident Saturday night We'd all been out with our partners to a restaurant for the night, then back to Deano390 house, most of us left at around 1am cause we'd planned our Cruise / meeting for the next day but Jonesy stayed a little longer and left around 1:45 am.

He was at an intersection the lights turned Green he took off and got Tboned in the drivers door by a commodore with a drunk at the wheel he was airlifted from the accident scene to Hospital. Damo myself and the other boys went straight to Hospital at 2;30am Sunday morning as soon as we got the call,

Jonesey died at 11:07am yesterday from massive head injuries.

He was a top bloke a true gentleman & a great mate, Trish Jonesy's wife was in the car she's still in hospital but is fine other than bruising. He had 2 sons 17 & 21. He was thier best mate.

Sorry to have to be the bearer of this news but the other boys are in a pretty bad way at the moment so I said I'd let you guys know, we might not be around the forum for a little while until we get to terms with this.

Please everyone take care on the roads, events like these are devestating on everyone and we dont want to lose anymore TBirders.. Gary (Phsyco Chicken)

Phsyco Chicken

Back to top Go down

R.I.P  Jonesy Empty Re: R.I.P Jonesy

Post  DaveG Mon May 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Firstly I'd like to speak on behalf of all our members and say that we are deeply saddened by this news, We didn't know Jonesy (BadBird) but he was a TBird Brother and that's all that matters.

It's ironic just Yesterday we were at a show and talking about the Desperados and the positive effect you guys have had on this Forum.

Gary please pass on our deepest Sympathy to Jonsey's Wife, Sons and Family, as a group we have truly been rocked by this tragic news.

I'm sure if it were not for the geographical challenges we would all be cruising together and more strangers would become great friends.

Gary thanks for taking the time to let us know, I hope that the Desperados can use this as inspiration to build the best Thunderbird Club possible in memory of your lost mate.

Our thoughts are with you all. Be strong for each other.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  65birdman Mon May 21, 2012 8:18 pm

sorry to here the bad news Gary i don't know you guys personally but my hart goes out to you and your fellow NSW mates
65birdman
65birdman

Back to top Go down

R.I.P  Jonesy Empty R.I.P Jonesy

Post  Giobus Mon May 21, 2012 8:26 pm

What horrible news

My thoughts to the family & the crew that cruised with Jonesy. Crying or Very sad
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

R.I.P  Jonesy Empty Re the passing of a T'Bird Brother

Post  usa6t4 Mon May 21, 2012 8:30 pm

USA6T4 Here. I'd like to re-iterate what Dave has said to our Sydney Brothers. I'm totally gutted. I go up to Sydney to see my sister probably once a year, and was hoping I could see all you Harbour City boys in your own back yard. Now because of some thoughtless F...wit in a Commadore, a Family is torn apart. Did I say I was gutted? I can only guess how you blokes must be feeling. I'd like to offer a trophy, a memorial trophy to Badbird, for the best club man in your fledgling club. An perpetual trophy, which can have his face laser engraved on it, if you'd like. I might be out line here, but I feel like you blokes are brothers, and everyone down here feels for you. Chris
usa6t4
usa6t4

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo64 Mon May 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi Friends
I wasn't going to come on Tonight, gary rang me and said I should.

I cant tell you how i feel cause i havn't stopped crying long enough to feel any other emotion. I want to thank you guys for your kind words, Jonesy and I were like brothers we've been mates since we did our apprenticeship together. He was my Best Man I was His.
Shit I dont belive he's gone. On Saturday night he proposed a toast to all our new friends on the Thunderbird Forum and we talked about having a get together in Canberra everyone come together for one big weekend, Maybe one day when the wounds heal we will,

Dave thanks mate they were very nice words, and Chris what a generous gesture you're obviously a true gentleman. We are all going to stay low for a while, Time will help then we'll decide where the Desperados go. Once again everyone thank you as Dave said we're all strangers just waiting to become great friends.

Damo64

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue May 22, 2012 6:13 pm

Damo64 wrote:Hi Friends
On Saturday night he proposed a toast to all our new friends on the Thunderbird Forum and we talked about having a get together in Canberra everyone come together for one big weekend, Maybe one day when the wounds heal we will.

Well Damo no maybe about it mate, We will have a get together where all of our TBird forum members can come together in Jonesey's name i know some great friendships will be forged. as a result. We'll leave it until next year, time for you guys to get back to normal life. Dave
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo64 Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi Friends
it's been a sad old time up this way. Jonsey's Funeral was Friday. It was a great send off for a terrific bloke. His wife Tracey spoke so well, it was really moving, there wasn't a dry eye in the house it was even more amazing considering she had attempted to end her own life on the Wednesday Night before, luckily her boys found her and with the support of her Family and Friends she's back on track again now although we were all worried after the Funeral so Allison had her stay with us for the weekend.
I think she's getting to grips with things now. her oldest son picked her up Today to go back home, her Mum is staying with her for a few weeks, The other guys and i have made a commitment to make sure that she is looked after from here on in. I think that Tracey and the boys will start rebuilding thier lives now, But he'll always be a huge part of all of our lives.

After Tracey Deano & I spoke of some of the great times we'd had together with Jonesey and then his two boys gave a speech he would have been so proud of again not a dry eye, It was all very emotional.

Thanks to all our Forum friends for the beautifull Wreath it was amazing and the scroll was so fitting with the words from your Thunderbird Forum Mates. Trish was overwhelmed and asked me to especially thank you all. The wreath was on Jonesy's coffin.

You'll start to see us joining back in to the Forum soon, we've just gotta re-group now and get back to normality, We've decided to put our runs etc on hold now until the better weathr returns. Thanks to you all for the kind words and again the beautiful wreath, we'll talk again soon, and Dave we will do the get togethr in Canberra in Jonsey's name it would be a fitting Tribute. I was thinking the 1st anniversary of his death. let me know what you think. Damo

Damo64

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 am

Hi Damo
Thanks for keeping us informed mate, hope to see you guys back on board sooner rather than later, only you will know when the time is right, so take care all and we'll talk soon. Dave
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum