Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunderbird Convert

2 posters

Go down

Thunderbird Convert Empty Thunderbird Convert

Post  OldnSlo Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:22 pm

i've changed my thinking, I've been wanting a Chevelle for a long time, but since joining this forum and seeing all the sweet looking Thunderbirds, (I even went down to Churchill Island last Saturday to have a look at the Thunderbird car Show) I'm thinking I'll go for a 64 - 66 found the one below on car Sales, can it really be worth $75k, I looked a 66 Chevelle, It was $65k but just wasn't what I wanted. Would it be worth me looking at the Red one below or is it overpriced.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/ford-thunderbird-1965-12063541?base=1216&vertical=Car&eapi=2&Page=2&sort=default&cr=19&__N=1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966463 4294958880 1216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5

OldnSlo

Back to top Go down

Thunderbird Convert Empty Re: Thunderbird Convert

Post  rhinosoft Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Slo,

did not realize you were down in Churchill Island last week, did not spot any Olds? cyclops

You have a good idea now what is out there and comparing that 66 convertible (mustard) as one of the best examples. I would be sure to take a tbird expert with you once you make the call, the convertibles are pretty complex beasts so you want the best.

The price of the one on CarSales seems high, the guy may be a dealer which is fine but how much would that have cost in the US and import here? He is probably making a nice profit if it sells!

Have a look a the official tbird site, http://www.toca.net.au/page19.htm there is a nice 66 convertible there for way cheaper. No idea how good it is but the seller has been in the club for ages.

cheers,

Graeme

Last edited by rhinosoft on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Broken link)
rhinosoft
rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Post  OldnSlo Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Had a look at that website, i didn't even know there was one for Thunderbird Club, that Forum is useless. That convertible looks Ok but i really want a red one, not really a Convertible, could be too many problems.
might have to get more info on this one.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/ford-thunderbird-1964-12141281?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=9&eapi=2&__N=1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966463 4294958880 1216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&sort=default

OldnSlo

Back to top Go down

Post  rhinosoft Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Ok, well there are heaps of affordable coupe's out there, you should find a good one. Have a look at some on Car Sales, some of those have been for sale for the last few years, some more I reckon. Tells me that they are asking too much, are rubbish or its a buyers market...

Graeme
rhinosoft
rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down