Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOHNS PICNIC

3 posters

Go down

JOHNS PICNIC Empty JOHNS PICNIC

Post  GaryH Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi Guys, does anyone know if Johns picnic at Sandown is on this weekend ?

GaryH
GaryH
GaryH

Back to top Go down

JOHNS PICNIC Empty Re: JOHNS PICNIC

Post  DaveG Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:11 pm

Hi Gary
yea its on mate, It's a bit pricey in my opinion, No mention of money going to charity either.

$5 for kids great way to encourage the next generation.

JOHNS PICNIC 2013pi10
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryH Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:06 am

Thanks Dave, might go for a look.

GaryH
GaryH
GaryH

Back to top Go down

Post  Carps Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:31 pm

Please let me preface what I'm about to say by staing I do not write these words to offend anybody, but because every story like every coin, has two sides and very few people ever seemeven remotely concerned for the side other than their own.

The picnic is not run as a business, it's put on by car people, who have regular jobs, for other car people.  It started for no oither reason than a few of us had nothing to do one weekend and we invited a bunch of our car people freinds to invite their car people buddies to join us for a picnic.  It grew from there.

Running an event like The Picnic is not a cheap exercise and despite constantly rising expenses, the entry price has remained unchanged for many years.

It would be nice for a change to make a small profit, enough money that we could once again make a serious charitable donation.  However, considering how much we've lost on this event over recent years, it's going to be some time before we recover that money, if indeed we do at all.  Fact is, it was touch and go if we even went ahead last November.

I believe the event offer's great value, live music and facilities like this do not come cheaply and frankly I'm sick to death of defending our running of this event.  Especially considering the cost in our own cash, time and energy is taking a toll, so maybe it's time to let somebody else suffer the abuse and take the pain.

We've listened to the critics of previous events and responded as best we are able, that's how the event comes to be at Sandown park, because the number one complain was it's too far away from suburban Melbourne.  The number two complaint was the weather, which we can't really do much about, but we do now have a venue with more undercover space than we've ever had at any other venue.

If you don't wish to participate for whatever reason, I don't mind, but I'd really appreciate you not criticising the event and convincing others to not join in just because you dont wish to be part of it.  It's really annoying when taking criticism to learn that the critics have not attended the event for some years, or at all.

Carps

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum