Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car shows SUCK!!!

3 posters

Go down

Car shows SUCK!!! Empty Car shows SUCK!!!

Post  MoparMad Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:16 am

I hate car shows, I want to know why a car that is bought in America already done is judged against cars that are original or rebuilt here where it costs a lot mor to do. I'm sick of takin my car to a show and gettin beaten by some Ameican restored POS that the owner hasn't even put a spanner on, last night on Classic Restos a 65 Buick the guy only imported it in December and Fletch gives him best of show It was probably professionally done in the states, what a wank no reward for the guys who do it all here in there garade at twice the cost and on thier own maybe there should be a Garage Built Class.

MoparMad

Back to top Go down

Car shows SUCK!!! Empty It is a tough one ... to judge or not to judge

Post  oldsmobilesdownunder Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 am

I understand your frustration.

I know the car but I do not know if he bought it that way or built it.

The question is how do you run a show and ask "nicely" if it was bought that way ?

Many imports are rebuilt here at considerable cost too... but I do not doubt plenty are that way when they arrive.

Are you in a Club ? What are their thoughts ?

Gary

oldsmobilesdownunder

Back to top Go down

Car shows SUCK!!! Empty Re: Car shows SUCK!!!

Post  MoparMad Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Gary
I probably should appologise for my rant, as you say plenty of great imports are restored or restomodded here in Aus, and I guess it's the pride of owning a beautiful car whether you built it or not. I must sound like a Trophy hunter but I'm really not. I belong to Classic & Rod Club Victoria, great club, i've never discussed the whole trophy thing with anyone there I'm sure like all clubs there would be some that only take thier car out when they can win something, but generally I dont think any of them are too fussed about Trophys..

MoparMad

Back to top Go down

Car shows SUCK!!! Empty Dust collectors ... : )

Post  oldsmobilesdownunder Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Don't get me wrong ... I know your pain. Here's my girlfriends HR Prem ... the main reason I Founded the HD HR Club ...
Car shows SUCK!!! Dscf0010

In the beginning she said she would be happy "if it won A trophy" ... over 5 years it won 53 !
BUT ... over the first few years the car was evovling each time it was displayed ... something new, something WOW, something rare was found and added ... under-glovebox parcel shelf, then pull-to handles, external wind deflectors, power-steering !

Every NASCO accessory we could find was slowly added and people loved it. Every time we displayed the car people would look for what was new ... and when there was nothing left to add ... we heard comments like "there's that HR again ... saw it last week" and they would breeze on past.

It has only seen the light of day 4 times in the past ten years since we burnt ourselves out showing it and my girlfriend got put off the road for medical reasons - she has MS.

The trophies mean little to her now... but I am hoping to turn her interest in my American cars into getting her's back out there ... because it is a beautiful machine that should be driven. NO - it is not for sale.

2006 saw me threatened with a lawsuit by some big-mouthed, big monied a*#ehole whose car did not win a trophy at the HD HR Nationals held in Melbourne that year ... I called every other entrant and they thanked me for the best 3 days of their life so far ... but not this guy.

In the end I just told him to do what-ever he felt he had to and nothing happened... except that foul taste in my mouth.

Take your car to some mixed shows ... country shows are great ... they are more likely to be honest in my opinion ... and start asking how the judges judge the vehicles... not easy to get answers out of them but presentation is everything and although Michelle's HR doesn't have the best paint job we presented it with books in the boot, tools, jack all restored and like you were back in the show room.

There's my rant ... sorry if it is long and painful.

oldsmobilesdownunder

Back to top Go down

Post  USFairlane66 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Wow you keep amazing us with these cars, I'm in my 50's I've been down the Holden track FJ's to late models and that is seriously the nicest HR I've seen, It's time to get it out again, the people deserve to see this car, Gary you have a duty to convince your Girlfriend to bring this car out there's a whole new audience just waiting to admire her. She's a Gem
USFairlane66
USFairlane66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down