Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a Crap night ive had

4 posters

Go down

What a Crap night ive had Empty What a Crap night ive had

Post  Flairbird Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 pm

What a Crap night.
I was working on the Thunderbird this afternoon, lowering the front got everything undone and spent near an hour trying to prise the bloody spring out by this stage i was bloody pissed off so i got a ratchet strap went around the pergola post and around the spring started ratcheting and bang the spring popped out hit the guard made a huge dent in the guard then it skidded accross the driveway and hit the dog who was sleeping now the dogs not sleeping it's unconcious friggin knocked it out, the missus is screamin and crying that ive killed the dog, so load the dog into the car and off to the vet xrays dogs got a fractured skull $270 later were heading home shit another 2 dogs run out in front of me i slam on the brakes our dog flys off the back seat hits the console unconcious again back to the vet now it's staying at the vet overnight under observation, the nurse is being all upety saying some people shouldnt own animals, I felt like punching her in the face. I get home the missus isnt talking to me the cars in bits and my best mate is at the vets for the night. What a shit night.
Flairbird
Flairbird

Back to top Go down

What a Crap night ive had Empty Re: What a Crap night ive had

Post  Giobus Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55 pm

>> Fruit Flairbird,

That is lousy Sad hope your mate recovers well.

When l took my front spring out l had a scare also - they are quite long and compressed a hell of a lot.

Take care !! Smile
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Oh Flairbird
I'm sorry mate but i couldn't help laughing as i read your story. that poor bloody dog, I hope all ends up good mate. If your stuck with doing your car yell out as much as i hate doing those front springs I'll give you a hand.....Oh hang on where are you in Victoria.
I reckon if you put on a barby and a slab you'd have a working bee to get it done. providing your in the Melb Metro area.

Anyway hope your mate gets better and your missus stops sceaming there the main things the car can be fixed. Let us know where you are.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flairbird Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi everyone thought i better update you guys the car is now lowered never never again front was a bitch back was easy.
The dog is no longer with us it died on saturday the wife and i had a wedding to go to on Saturday so we took the dog to the sister inlaws house on Sat morning all was good Sunday morrning we get a phone call the dog had hung itself (I told my wife see noone can live with that bitch of a sister of yours) that didnt help matters
the sister inlaw tied the dog up to the clothees line while she went shopping, when she gets back the dog is hanging from the clothes line it must of been doing circles and got the lead tangled up to where it lifted it up off the ground poor bloody thing probably because of the brain damage from the spring hitting it in the head at least it wasn't my fault. the sister in law took it to the vet and the vet said the dog is better off dead than having to live with those people Shit it was an accidednt i didn't mean for the spring to hit it
RIP Arfa anyway better go now
Flairbird
Flairbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Plucker Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Sorry to hear youre dog died and that you dented the car but man thats the best story i have heard in a long time, sounds like the dogs number was up anyway 3rd strike he's out ,how much did you lower the car bye would love to see a picture and hope the missus has forgiven you !
Plucker
Plucker

Back to top Go down

Post  Flairbird Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Took 1 coil at front and 2" blocks at back I told the missus Today next is Airbags she said you're too old for all that bouncing rubbish, Gotta make it look like the Gold one on here that the 2 young fellas have just done, that's gotta be the best looking TBird.

here is a pic I hope affraid

What a Crap night ive had 38193510

Flairbird
Flairbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Flairbird,

She looks good, what type of wheel set up is on her??

Also, the 'spring clamps' you used to put them back in ~ what type are they?
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flairbird Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi Giobus
The wheels are a set my brother had, I've got 20" wire spoke wheels coming for it same as the Gold Tbird on this Forum
these are Lenso 19 x 7 I drove the car on the run Today to Hastings and the LHR tyre was rubbing on every bump, missus wqas not impressed, we're too old for tyres rubbing Blah, Blah Blah. on the plus side I just lowered the car and she loves the ride and tha fact that it doesn't lean over thru corners gotta admit i'm surprisedat the difference it's made, DaveG was saying a front stabilizer will help even more.
Because the car drives so much better the missus has given me the go ahead to Air Bag it. Anyone know where I can get a good setup, does anyone have contact details for the 2 young fellas whove done up that Gold Tbird.

I didn't pull the front springs, I just used the bolt type compressors both of them bent doing it then I got a 4ft jimmy bar and pushed the spring up onto the Arm and cut the bottom coil off popped it back in and great result If i wasnt go Airbags I'd get shorter shockers tho, I was watching Dave's car and it doesnt bounce in the front whereas mine does Dave says it's the shockers bottoming out. Hopefully the airbags will be fine.
Flairbird
Flairbird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum