Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thats life

4 posters

Go down

Thats life Empty Thats life

Post  BulletBird1962 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Tonight I stoped at bunnings to get more loctite to hold my car together,and some bits and pieces to finish off a job, I jumped out of my car into a puddle of water and realised that I have holes in the soles of my shoes,I carefully thought what is more important, new shoes or more car parts ,I guest i can buy a new pair of boots next pay day.
BulletBird1962
BulletBird1962

Back to top Go down

Post  65bird Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 pm

So true I keep on buying parts for my bird and haven't got money to take my wife out to dinner, lol.
Now I'm in the bad books but who cares cheers cheers cheers
65bird
65bird

Back to top Go down

Thats life Empty Re: Thats life

Post  Giobus Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:31 pm

65bird wrote:So true I keep on buying parts for my bird and haven't got money to take my wife out to dinner, lol.
Now I'm in the bad books but who cares cheers cheers cheers

Gentlemen,

You need to look after the FINACIAL CONTROLLER to ensure the Thunderbird gets looked after Laughing

>>> It's a vicious circle
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  65bird Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Ha ha ha yes you're right Gio nothing like the financial controller for without them we would be without our dream cars.
So I think I'll have to put my next shippment from the States on hold and take her out to dinner Very Happy
or should I lol!
65bird
65bird

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 pm

62fatbird wrote:Tonight I stoped at bunnings to get more loctite to hold my car together,and some bits and pieces to finish off a job, I jumped out of my car into a puddle of water and realised that I have holes in the soles of my shoes,I carefully thought what is more important, new shoes or more car parts ,I guest i can buy a new pair of boots next pay day.

This is so true I'm sure many of us can relate, It does get a little better as you get older, the problem is you dont really have money until you're too old to enjoy it, it's a vicious circle. The other way to look at it is you wouldn't get near the pleasure and satisfaction from a cheque book restoration, i feel a bit sorry for guys who dont get into the guts of thier cars and scrimp a little to get it done because where's the joy in just writing cheques and having someone else do the work, It makes me laugh sometimes at shows and the like when I hear guys saying oh yeah I've done this and I've done that to my car when you know they wouldn't know a socket from a shifter.i guess they just want to feel part of the group.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Giobus Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:48 pm

DaveG wrote:
62fatbird wrote:Tonight I stoped at bunnings to get more loctite to hold my car together,and some bits and pieces to finish off a job, I jumped out of my car into a puddle of water and realised that I have holes in the soles of my shoes,I carefully thought what is more important, new shoes or more car parts ,I guest i can buy a new pair of boots next pay day.

This is so true I'm sure many of us can relate, It does get a little better as you get older, the problem is you dont really have money until you're too old to enjoy it, it's a vicious circle. The other way to look at it is you wouldn't get near the pleasure and satisfaction from a cheque book restoration, i feel a bit sorry for guys who dont get into the guts of thier cars and scrimp a little to get it done because where's the joy in just writing cheques and having someone else do the work, It makes me laugh sometimes at shows and the like when I hear guys saying oh yeah I've done this and I've done that to my car when you know they wouldn't know a socket from a shifter.i guess they just want to feel part of the group.

Cheque Book Restorers ~ where's the fun, you have to be in your shed with your car CURSING & SWEARING at times.

You may have seen in some of my posts of my build - l have spoken to my car Evil or Very Mad

Yes, it is SAD that some people don't even know how to change a wheel & they comment on your car > you did it yourself, why did you, that finish, how could you do, etc - BUT all they have done on their car is opened up the Cheque Book.

How l would like to reply is F&%K Y#U but l am a bit more respectful than that lol!

Keep skinning those Knuckles !!!
Giobus
Giobus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 pm

Giobus wrote:
Yes, it is SAD that some people don't even know how to change a wheel & they comment on your car > you did it yourself, why did you, that finish, how could you do, etc - BUT all they have done on their car is opened up the Cheque Book.

That's also what SHITS me, if you haven't built one yourself don't comment.
(Calm down Dave you'll burst an artery) Now i'm hearing voices.

DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down