Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Classic & Custom Car Forum, The forum for owners and lovers of Classic, Custom & 'Chrome Bumper' Cars.

Many areas of this Forum are only available to Members so Register now, It's free just click on the Register Tab at the Top of the page, Enter a Username & Password and you're in.Then you'll be able to visit all areas of the Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SuzieQ & Linda are in the USA

5 posters

Go down

SuzieQ & Linda are in the USA Empty SuzieQ & Linda are in the USA

Post  Runaroundsue Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi everyone.
SuzieQ here, well we are in the USA California, Linda & Brad, my Dad my Brother my friend John and me. We've been travelling around looking at Thunderbirds and I hate to say it Corvettes, You guys are going to hate me I just bought a 1970 Corvette Red it is beautifull, been restored paid $26k I looked and looked for a baby bird but didn't like any I saw, we were in Fresno Today to look at a 65 TBird Convertible for my Dad it is beautifull so clean and drives great he paid $22k for it which seems pretty good. as we were test driving it we passed a car yard and the Corvette was in there, I drove it and fell in love, so It's coming home with me, the yard is also arranging shipping for Dads car. Linda has decided to keep the Trans Am she's pretty happy shame the Tbird deal fell thru, just before we left home Chuck CaliforniaKid from this forum contacted me so we are meeting with him and his mates on Sunday morning for thier monthly breakfast (He's in Sacramento and has a mate selling a 60 TBird which is what my brother wants) we are driving to Sacramento in the morning and staying the night before meeting for Sunday breakfast. then 3 more days in the US then fly home. I love this place the weather here is unbelievable 31C Today and same Tomorrow. better go get some sleep it's nearly 3am here and we've got a 400 mile drive Tomorrow will post again when we get home. If i'm still welcome as a Corvette owner. Linda says Hi.

Runaroundsue

Back to top Go down

SuzieQ & Linda are in the USA Empty Re: SuzieQ & Linda are in the USA

Post  rhinosoft Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Wow, great update SuzieQ, I for one are so jealous of you and the group.

Chevvy eh!! Don't mind that model anyway! I guess the cars will all land in Melbourne together, maybe we can get together when you pick them up, at least one Thunderbird to greet!

Have a safe trip home and give your dad our regards too!~

Graeme
rhinosoft
rhinosoft

Back to top Go down

Post  CaliforniaKid Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi Aussie Birders
Thunderbirds Downunder, Love it Dave
Well i figured i better add my 2c to Sue's post. It's 5am tuesday morning I'm heading out on a fishing charter with my buddies, had meant to do this last night but some friends dropped by, so that was that
As suzie said we had a ball on Sunday the Aussie crew came to town on Saturday A/Noon so my wife and I met them and we had a meal together Saturday night, great night lots of laughs, back to our place for a night cap 4am we were still going, fantastic people so nice. Jan my wife gatherd up some blakets beadspreads and we all managed a couple of hours sleep only because I'd organised Sunday breakfast at Mrs Pikes with my TBird buddies and our ladies so the US Crew and the Aussie crew could meet up, what a great day breakfast was just one long laugh festival, Suzie had planned they would head back to Longbeach after breakfast but we talked them into staying a little longer and join us to take in a local car show and swap meet the Girls took Linda & Sue to the local stores while us boys enjoyed the car show, then we all headed back to my place again for a BBQ Sue's Dad Ron and brother Nick cooked for us a real Aussie Barby, Crocodile Dundee would have been proud. We talked them into staying over another night and they left monday morning. what a great gang surely all Aussies couldn't be this warm and friendly
I was talking to a few of the guys last night and none of us have been to Australia so we've decided 2013 is it we are coming down under. Better go i can hear steve turning into me Street, Off fishing. Talk Soon Aussie brothers.
CaliforniaKid
CaliforniaKid
Thunderbirds

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveG Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi chuck sounds like a great time was had by all,
OK we're holding you to that promise of heading down to see us, Give us some warning on the dates and how many of you are coming so we can organise plenty of things for you guys to do and see while you are in Melbourne.

We've got a real good group of Tbirders here so i'm sure you guys will enjoy your visit. Remember dont be shy to let us know we're keen to show you guys around and have some laughs. Dave.
DaveG
DaveG
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Damo64 Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:58 am

Hey Chuck,
Like Dave's group We have a small group up here in Sydney and we'd love to catch up with you guys as well. So if you do make the trip Downunder then the NSW arm of Thunderbirds Downunder will be rolling out the red carpet for you guys. As Dave said give us some warning so we can be organised, One place we will be taking you is Coffs Harbour one of our guys inherited the family bed & breakfast up on the coast 2 years ago and we often go there as a group long weekends Holidays etc, you'll love it huge place lots of bedrooms walk to the beach,

The NSW & Vic groups from this Forum have been talking about heading to Canberra next year for a long weekend get together would be great if your trip to Oz could be timed to fit in. I'll have to talk to Dave to work on a date. regardless of when it is make sure you let us know so we can meet up. Damo

Damo64

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down